Protein Flapjacks Recipe
These flapjacks provide both a source of carbohydrates and protein which are released at moderate speed into the body. This makes them a perfect post workout snack for your gym bag.
- 120g oats
- 100g peanut butter
- 2 scoops of powdered protein (sweetened works best)
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 125ml of milk
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Put all the mixture into a large mixing bowl and combine.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and spoon in the mixture spreading evenly.
- Place in the fridge for 45mins to help the mixture set.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 (190 degrees) and bake the mixture for 12 mins. Cooking times may vary but over cooking will reduce flavour.
- Remove and leave to cool for 30mins before slicing into squares.