Top 10 detox tips
If you are considering a detox, here are a few handy hints to help you along the path to a cleansed system.
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water. Water is needed to remove toxins from your system.
- Cut out the crap. To allow the body to effectively detox stop putting toxins in. That means no alcohol, caffeine, processed fats or sugars, dairy and no grains.
- Expect to feel worse. Usually when you detox you will feel worse before you feel better. Often this is withdrawal from addictive substances like caffeine or sugar.
- Clear your cupboards. Remove all temptation from your fridge and cupboards as its very likely you’ll get cravings.
- Plan your food. Spontaneous meals don’t work well for detoxing. You need to plan meals in advance and shop for the ingredients.
- Tasty teas. Just drinking water is boring for some, get a variety of fruit and herbal teas on the go. Caffeine free of course.
- Cleanse. Try and eat as much fresh fruit, veg, herbs and spices as you can. Your vitamin intake will sky rocket and assist the process.
- Liver recovery. Eat plenty of fresh onion and garlic, smelly as it may be but it’s great for your liver.
- Early bedtime. Get plenty of sleep to allow your body to recover and process your super healthy grub.
- Plan a reward. No matter how long you plan to detox plan a reward at the end. When the going gets tough that thought can be a big motivator.